Saturday 5 April 2014

I heard the tune he sang to me...

Well, what an eventful week that has been... It started OK - the weather was wonderful and photo opportunities appeared by my front door...and my drive...


The bleeding hearts growing in the bed just by my office window, backlit from an early morning sun... I think the background makes this shot... that rich blue is actually the road!

Whereas, at the back, where I park the car...



Grape hyacinth (Muscari armeniacum) - a detail shot... love the colour..

After this start I managed to get down to the fen...


Larinoides cornutus - a common spider especially near water in tall vegetation...




A wood pile - extremely important to wildlife - of all types...I decided on the monochrome conversion as I liked the tones





...and when you look at cut wood, you sometimes get interesting patterns...




Mare's-tail (Hippuris vulgaris) in a dipping pond near the education centre, Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve. I was taken by the reflection and the light...




Now this is interesting... on top of a mole hill by a path I saw this... it is the shell of a Ramshorn snail (Planorbis rubrum) - a pond snail. Even though the molehill was several dozen meters from a water body, the presence of a pond snail shell indicates that the area was once covered with water (we know it was actually) but the shell is a good example of past environmental conditions...

On Wednesday I took a tutorial and this week we concentrated on Travel Photography. An enjoyable couple of hours was spent on the streets of Ely, looking at buildings and other potential subjects and discussing the best way to record them...

I came home later that day to find I had two spring plants coming into flower in my garden...




Hybrid bluebell (Hyacinth x massartiana) actually growing behind our dustbins!!




Cowslip (Primula veris)...I love cowslips... a sure sign of spring...

Thursday was a good day - I had a paid shoot covering a schools music workshop and performance in Cambridge. This was one of the most inspiring events I have witnessed for a long time. The instructors were really enthusiastic and held the children's attention for the whole event... the kids were brilliant... really engaged and having fun... just a few images form that shoot...














...and during their lunch break, I spied this trio...



and then after lunch...











Two of the instructors...it's all in the eyes...

It was a great shoot...one I hope to repeat...

So that brings us to the end of the week... we have also been in the process of buying a house... this will lead to all sorts of changes of course and a relaunch of my Photography Business... so look out for that...

Updates from the world of Alex JP Scott Photography can be found here... as usual (although as I write this there appears to be a problem with my Facebook page and I can't post anything... as always I shall add new images to my Flickr site on a regular basis as well so keep an eye on that...

I have a shoot tomorrow in Ely - a dance recital so that should be great... pix of that to follow...

Hope you all have a good week...

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment