Sunday 31 August 2014

Apples are ripening...leaves are turning...

Well, unless the weather throws up a surprise or two I think the summer is fast leaving and heading for southern towns...with that said it has been a tricky week photographically - with my predilection for nature subjects, the persistent strong wind makes it tricky...almost impossible to capture any worthwhile images... Some of the ones I have managed...




back-lit rose leaf showing definite signs of autumn...




bee still hard at work but finding less pollen now...




autumn is strong in this one...




holly in flower...strange this as the holly in our garden is covered with berries...but this one still shows a flower or two...




slow bug on a garden compositae. All these images were taken in our garden in Ely...and also found was this guy...



migrant hawker dragonfly...




I had seen him sunning himself on the leylandii hedge several times and managed to track him down - migrant hawkers can be very obliging to photographers and this one allowed me and Quinn to get within a foot or so...his eyes are just gorgeous...

But that really sums up the week really...little opportunity to take pictures but when I did I was pleased with the results...Consequently I have been looking back on the year so far..and predictably have started with January...not as cold as recent January's but still some opportunities to take some wintry shots...




burdock seed heads and frost...



...Wicken Fen in a heavy frost...







...oak leaves...

grey heron...hunched up against the cold






when I couldn't get out I tried this... love the shadow...






...mallard and a reed bed...



Wicken Fen again...frosty and still

January wasn't that productive but just occasionally I found some nice images... Whilst searching through the files I happened across a set of pictures taken in Abu Dhabi that I thought I had lost. They were taken at the Grand Mosque during a visit from our dear friend Tricia...not sure what went wrong I thought I had deleted them...some of the highlights included...




a section of decorated wall in the Grand Mosque...




...a strange reflection...that came out much better than I had thought...

And that about wraps it up for this week...keep up with me here... or here... if you have the time or inclination...

Hope to get out real soon and see you all next time around...I now have a Sunday lunch to cook whilst Lucy takes Quinn to an organ recital in Ely Cathedral... so rock n roll!!!

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment