Friday 15 August 2014

Been a long time...

...far too long but that's what happens when you move house...so many apologies for the tardiness of this blog...
Yes, that's right...we have moved house...left the fen 8 or so miles down the road and moved to Ely into a lovely thatched house within easy walking distance of the town centre...from the rural to the urban... it's very pretty and is lovely to live in (so far) but I do miss the countryside...








So that is the house... built between the wars we think - it has a lovely big garden for Quinn and thankfully comes with a gardener. It doesn't appear to have many flowering plants - just trees and shrubs - photographic opportunities will be few I fear...we shall have to see.

Well the move went OK - my best mate Nick (who is also Quinn's Godfather) came up to help and it took us all day and several trips to move the stuff 8 miles up the road...the highlight was somehow moving the piano...just two of us...up a step, into the back of the van, down again and then up 2 more steps..it was saved until last (maybe that was a mistake) but we did it...thanks Nick for all your help...you have no idea how grateful we all are...

It has taken nearly a week and a half for the internet to be connected - you would think in this world of instant connectivity it could be done immediately...but no...hey ho I'm back on now though...

With all that I haven't been able to take many pictures...which as you can guess is a great source of frustration for me. Here are a few...but not many...



comfrey...




crested dog's-tail...




lady's bedstraw...




lesser spearwort...

Quite pleased with them and they are a good inspiration to get me out there again...

We also had a trip to Sutton Hoo where surprisingly I managed to take some pictures of my wife, Lucy... she doesn't like having her picture taken...not sure why...



Black and white...



or colour...?



I think she takes a decent picture but can I get her to model for me? Some chance... What do you guys think...

Also from Sutton Hoo...




St John's-wort...




teasel...




female common blue damselfly...




yellow loosestrife...



harebells... love this plant...







Also a nice set...

That about wraps it up for this week...curtailed admittedly but hopefully I shall get back out there... I am also taking on work as an ecologist - the other string to my bow and I was commissioned to carry out some Environmental Assessments this last week - always enjoyable (4am starts again) and you do get to see the country...so that is also some good news. Finally the Photo Agency I shoot for - Dreamstime have started to sell my work which is always encouraging... a link to my gallery if you want to have a look. As usual I shall start uploading to Facebook and of course Flickr if you want to see more pictures of Lucy...(they look OK honest!!).

But with that I shall bid you farewell until next week...just hope for some decent weather...I still have to get a dragonfly count done at Wicken Fen!!

TTFN






No comments:

Post a Comment