Sunday 7 September 2014

Up on the white veranda she wears a necktie and a Panama hat...

School's back...you know many people seem happy to get their children back to school and from under their feet...but hey I like having Quinn around...it gets kinda quiet without him around...so I miss my boy when he isn't here...

On the other hand it has been a busy week for Alex JP Scott Photography with several shoots to fit in along with the associated post processing, preparation for client submissions followed by invoicing, filing etc...of course it would be nice to be paid for this work...clients don't wait for the images but they expect me to wait for payment...I wonder why that is?

So now I look out of my office over the gardens - at trees and shrubs...I can hear green woodpeckers and jays screeching from the trees and the odd white butterfly still on the wing. It's overcast and dull...not good for photography really...my Mum once said when I was just starting out with a camera "...if you take pictures on dull days...you get dull pictures." and she was sort of right...in a way...I did nip out into the garden an hour or so ago and managed to find these...




...a cone from a leyland cypress




garden orb spider in its web...just love the markings...





mahonia leaf...turning autumn...

Not a bad trio of images for not a good day.  However, we did have a nice misty morning on Tuesday - you know the sort or thing...dewy grass, misty air... not frosty but the sort of air that just stings the nose...the promise of a change in the season as the sun's influence starts to wain...On that occasion I managed...




clematis flower...




images of dew - this one above on a yew leaf...





both these two (above and below) are on leyland cypress...





rose bud...




Once again I like these even though they were taken in a hurry with very little pre planning (although I had been thinking about such images for several weeks)...

The jobs I had this week were either car insurance shots - for the claims etc...I do lots of these...not massively well paid but they are regular; and some staff portraits at a school in Cambridge...a selection below



With Quinn back a school I do get the opportunity to wander down my favourite lane near the school and look for hedgerow images. So what did my first trip for a month yield?




...7-spot ladybird






sure sign of autumn...blackberries...




...even flesh flies like blackberries...






hiding out on a ragwort seed head a myrid bug...don't you just love their way their legs look just like the pappus stalks...





...nightshade flower...





ragwort seed heads...




welted thistle...also still in flower.

You know...this is a tricky garden to take decent pictures in really. Loads of foliage but nothing to attract insects (flowers for example) and evergreen shrubs and trees. I have to be a bit creative...but we have some seasonal things around...like...














three different fungi...a sure sign of the end of summer...

That about wraps it up for the week - busy and fun but I wish we had some more photogenic weather...

If you like you can keep up with me here or if you don't Facebook then you can look at recent work here. Failing that I can be found on Twitter - that would be here . My images can be bought  if you want at Dreamstime.

Hope you all have a good week no matter where you are...

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment