Sunday 9 November 2014

Dulce et decorum est...

...pro patria mori...


lest we forget the most noble generation from the 1914-1918; our fathers brave generation 1939-1945 who fought for freedom against tyranny;  and all the others since...and for Joe above - someone I don't know, but someone who is obviously missed...20 - what sort of age is 20...virtually a child...

Remembrance Sunday and especially the 11th November are important dates to keep and observe...

When you go home tell them of us and say...for your tomorrow, we gave our today...

Remember the 2 minutes silence on Sunday and especially on the 11th...

And what else has been happening? Well not that much really...after we returned from our weekend in Stratford I had the usual stuff to do...promotion, advertising, editing, submitting images to agencies and contacting potential clients...that's just the way it goes...so rock n roll... I did get out briefly with a camera...but only briefly...
















a mute swan from Welney Wildlife and Wetlands Trust Reserve just down the road...and parasol toadstools from a local playing field...apparently they are good eating...but be careful if you aren't sure...don't eat it...

As I write this I can hear these...






Yep...it's bonfire night - hope you have all had a good time and it didn't rain...like it is here in Ely...

We did have one morning of frost and great light...sorry - back-lit leaves...one of my favourites...








When I can't get out shooting - weather or other commitments proving to be the hindrances I do look back through the archives and relive the joy of spring and summer shooting... so here are a few from the past year...just to brighten up November...




















Now hopefully I can get out and shoot more this week...Sunday I may have a chance and I shall move on from there...as always I shall post regularly here... and of course here. So you can see what happens and how successful I have been. I will also continue to shoot stock images for Dreamstime...

Remember the 2 minutes silence...




Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment