Sunday 2 November 2014

In the age of gold...

Free from winter's cold...just how barmy has the weather been? 20 odd degrees for Halloween - madness...we were walking around Stratford upon Avon on the 31st October and there were people sitting having an evening meal in pub gardens without the benefit of heaters...it was warm... almost summer like except it was dark - madness...of course this would happen just after the winter fleeces and layers have been sorted out...summer shirts put away...then you are too warm...typical!

Well, seeing as it has been half term, we have been doing some moving about...staying with friends and family before a trip to the theatre in Stratford upon Avon - photo opportunities have been sparse but I did find out that my latest submission to Dreamstime (the photo agency) have been accepted...my portfolio is available here... where all images for sale can be seen... However,  I did manage to burn a few pixels when I could... a small selection from Scarborough...









































The final picture from the selection above is of a turnstone - a small wader commonly wintering around our coasts. What I did notice was in amongst the active flock was a number of individuals sporting leg rings


...not sure which organisation is currently ringing these birds...the purpose is to find out the species movements throughout the globe - they breed in sub-Arctic Canada ...

So...from Scarborough and after a brief stop at home in Ely, we headed off to Stratford upon Avon - Quinn and Lucy went to the theatre to see Much Ado About Nothing and I got to wander around with my Nikons...




























And we can't forget what happened on Friday..







Now a few weeks ago I noticed that my Nikon 80-200mm f2.8 AFD ED telezoom had developed a bit of play around the front element. Upon inspection I noticed that a small screw on the front section of the lens was missing. It was one of those things that you always intend to fix but never get round to it...the lens was working fine so I didn't sort it out.   Whilst walking around Stratford I suddenly remembered it and started to look for a camera shop...zip...none to be found...zilch... I was about to give up when the thought hit me...ping...opticians!!! and as luck would have it I was standing outside one... - Greys Opticians, Chapel Street...website can be found here... - I went in and explained what I was looking for and the very helpful young lady found me a missing screw and fitted it...can't thank them enough.


And that about wraps it up for this week...as per usual you can follow me here on Facebook or here on Flickr and I hope to see you all next week...




No comments:

Post a Comment