Sunday 14 December 2014

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

...well it's cold anyway...a bit of frost but not a lot...winter is here.  It has been a good week and a bad week...started off on Monday with the great news that we would get the house we want to buy...followed on Tuesday that we weren't going to get the house we want to buy...today we found another house we want to buy and as yet I don't know if our offer has been accepted...

Photographically I have had great fun...last Sunday night as you may remember I was covering the rehearsal for the Sing! Choir concert in Ely Cathedral...and a jolly good night too...







some moody shots from that night...and they sounded brilliant...

So, on to Wednesday night and the concert its self...the choirs were amazing and Kathryn needs a special mention as she did an amazing job conducting, organising, creating...the sound was really impressive...as for the photographs...well it was tricky I won't deny it. Light levels were low and work off a tripod or bean bag was the only way to go - high ISO levels did little for shutter speeds and of course gave grainy images...thank goodness for Lightroom and a decent camera - a D4 would have been nice Santa? The highlight for me was being given access to two vantage points way above the nave...






The two shots above were taken from up in the octagon - a wonderful wooden structure high above the centre of the building. To get there I was taken by a kindly volunteer (John) up many stone steps, through a few doors...up very narrow winding stairs, through a door so low I was bent double; across the roof, through another low door and there I was. John opened a shutter and I was right above the choir...I was worried in case we could be heard but I was assured we weren't...one of the choir members has said I missed him out, but if I had leaned any further out I would have joined them pretty quickly below...







The second two pictures were taken from a balcony above the nave at the other end of the Cathedral...looking towards the Choir...I really like this shot...

Other images from the concert...




...the audience files in...




...in rapt attention...




Choir in full song...












for some people it all got a bit much...I have been told he really enjoyed the evening...










this little girl seemed to be enjoying herself...




The lady who did all the work...creator and musical driving force behind the whole thing - well with some help from her husband Jason...they are an amazing partnership...

Apart from that my pictures continue to sell via the Dreamstime Agency - portfolio can be found here... and I shall continue to add to that...

Oh...before I forget...this is one of my favourite shots from the cathedral...




...the extraordinary wooden Octagon of Ely Cathedral...stunning...

And that about wraps it up for this week...hopefully I shall get out again and shoot some pixies sorry pixels and those images will be found here.. or here as usual.

I hope you all have a great week and the present shopping is successful...

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment