Sunday 18 January 2015

All things must pass...

The fall out over the killings in Paris dominated my work at the beginning of the week...On Sunday I traveled down to London to cover the rally in Trafalgar Square...arriving at one-ish and seeing nothing going on I wandered down Whitehall to Parliament Square. The sun was shining and it almost felt like spring...I was disappointed to see that all the protest camps outside the House of Commons have been removed...I did manage this though...





...we've all seen the building...just a different view...

Back in Trafalgar Square the tourists were doing their usual thing...








...but there was some activity from the security forces...







...so after a chat to a member of security I waited...photojournalists started to appear and so did members of the public...holding placards and looking intense...















passions ran deep...especially at the singing of La Marseillaise...




some just stared out intensely from behind a flag... it was an interesting experience...however, there was something that happened that amused me...during the rally the French Ambassador made an appearance...



now she gave interviews, posed for pictures etc and then after about fifteen minutes she left...about ten minutes later some photographers started asking if Nick Clegg was coming...it had been heard that he would be there as he wasn't invited to Paris. There was no sign of him...anywhere. Anyway, when I returned home I checked the images online and sure enough there were pictures of Nick and the French Ambassador, or Nick with a "Je suis Charlie" banner...Now I was right in the middle of the event for the whole time it was happening and he just wasn't there...so what I think happened was his staff mocked up a few pictures with a recalled Ambassador in an effort to show our Deputy Prime Minister in a favourable light...he failed to show at the right time, but somehow an impression was made to imply he was... anyhow...a greater selection of images from this can be found here, on my Flickr page.

So, after Sunday I did manage to get out on Wicken Fen - for the first time for seemingly ages...weather was kind (if a tad cool)...



















...and whilst the weather was kind later in the week...I managed a brief wander through Ely...













And with the weather turning wintry for the next few days maybe I will get some snowy/icy images for next week...

I hope you all have a good week and the snow (if applicable) doesn't spoil your days...updates are of course to be found here... and here... and I shall continue to grow my Dreamstime portfolio.

See you all next time...

TTFN









No comments:

Post a Comment