Sunday 11 January 2015

Je suis Charlie...

Being a predominately nature photographer in the UK in January is not ideal!!! Sure, if we get some snow or prolonged frosts then natural landscapes or icy close-ups can be found...like the ones below from last year...

















...and very pretty they look too...however, instead of this type of weather we regularly get cloud and general dullness...like the ones below from this past week...























I like the ethereal feel to them...can't beat a bit of mist...
Of course, this time of year is spent planning for the spring...checking flowering times etc, but I have to get out and take something... the Dreamstime agency needs more images...and I get paid by them so I have to shoot...
















...so there are some detail shots available...

I hope to get out one day this weekend...Sunday is looking favourite so I shall hold my breath for that...

Of course the main news of the week was the horrendous shootings in Paris...freedom of speech is vital in an open society; of course those who poke fun of beliefs must expect people to be upset, but they shouldn't expect execution because of this upset...maybe people need to exercise restraint...on both sides. However, I am in full support of the cartoonists...








I hope the world starts to sort itself out...we cannot go on killing and being killed - and all for what?

As always I will regularly update my Facebook page and my Flickr page...and I hope to see all of you again next week...

TTFN

















No comments:

Post a Comment