Sunday 22 March 2015

It's getting dark all of a sudden...

An eclipse, the equinox and a super moon...it's all kicking off this weekend...in days of old we would think many things about such an alignment...the influence of the Gods...the influence on the coming spring and the harvest beyond...I wonder how the year will pan out after such an auspicious start...

Photographically it has been a good and a frustrating week...As I have said before I have started to use my old ring flash and have been pleased with the results...however, the problem with using 20 year old amateur gear is that it just can't the daily pounding a working pro gives it...and in the short time I have used it...it has failed me...and for a short while I was back to square one...So what did I do? I began to play with one of my three speedlights (flashguns), a DIY Lepp bracket and a IR remote unit...the result?



And what do the results of this set up look like?





domestic apple tree leaf bud...




common dog violet...pale form...




lichen...this one I am especially pleased with...

What else have I been shooting? The first signs of spring...




Arum italicum - Italian lord's-and-ladies




blackthorn blossom...




hawthorn leaf bud...




horse chestnut leaf bud (known as "sticky buds"




lichen community on a wall...




poplar leaf bud...




dog rose plus rain drop...




white hellebore...

However, most of the week has been dull and overcast with a chilly easterly breeze,,,not so good for wildlife photography...

...and with the weather not so clement I was lucky enough to have an indoor shoot booked...a group of local schools singing their little hearts out...








I love this conversion...to me it has a 1950's feel...







...this one has a 1960's look I think...

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable shoot - the organisers were excellent as ever and the children really put their hearts into the singing...

And so finally to a new project of mine...inspired by the Box of Pin-ups by Bailey in the 1960's I have been looking at monochrome conversions of floral portraits...it is early days as yet but I quite like some I have done already...

As you can see - some of the images are familiar...












Here... I tend to post everyday so feel free to have a look and if you want to give me a like...you can also keep up with me here as well, if Facebook isn't your thing... In addition, if you feel the need to buy any images you could do worse than look here...my Dreamstime portfolio.

Hope you all have a good week...see you next time...

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment