Sunday 3 May 2015

As I went out one morning...

The week has been an odd one...weather hasn't been kind, but in the odd period of warmth there have been plenty of opportunities to shoot...plants or insects... they all took advantage of the warmth when they could find it...





mining bee...





dove's-foot crane's-bill...






field horsetail...






hoverflies...above and below...









22-spot ladybird...





small-white butterfly...


Whilst waiting for the weather to clear I started to develop and use the Behance Portfolio option that comes with the Adobe Creative Cloud package - this is a large on-line presence and one that allows me to share my work with other artists world-wide...it is also a great place to showcase my work to potential customers. Initially I have started to use it as a way to show other strings to my photography bow...here is the link, feel free to have a look and send me a comment... Behance Portfolio.

Of course I have been submitting to Dreamstime but in addition I haver started to supply another agency - Picfair - slightly different way of doing things so I shall see how that goes...all I have to do now is make sure I don't submit the same images to both... my images to Dreamstime are exclusive to them... Finally - I also update Flickr an an almost daily basis...you can find me there as well if you didn't know that already...

The week came to an end with the highlight...a trip to two wonderful nature reserves with two good friends...first up was Barnack Hills and Holes...an old quarry now species-rich limestone grassland...and home to pasque-flower plus all sorts of other lovely things. We may have been a bit early for some, but....




Carline thistle...






early-spotted orchid...








pasque-flower...








Well, how can you follow that? With a visit just across the A1 to Bedford Purlieus - an ancient woodland and one by repute the richest botanical woodland in England...and there we saw...




species-rich grassland...





bugle...






small fly gazing at goldilocks buttercup...




early-purple orchids...





goldilocks buttercup...






species-rich ground flora...






sedge...





toothwort - wonderfully odd plant - parasite on hazel...






wild strawberry...






wood anemone and log...






wood ants nest...






wood ants - soldier and workers..







wood pile...






woodland ride...paradise...



Two glorious sites...exceptional wildlife and great company - Neil and Nick...it had been too long since we last did some natural history together...let's do it again real soon...!

Now even though I have all those pictures to edit, I couldn't help visiting my local wild flower meadow on Saturday...just to see if the green-winged orchids or anything else was about...





adder's-tongue - a type of fern...





green-winged orchids - varying colours...











That was a good hour...

And that about sums it up...a great end to a frustrating week really...let's hope it gets warmer now and the invertebrates can get a move on...

See you all next week...

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment