Sunday 17 May 2015

On every road I wandered by...

Moving into the peak season for nature photography now...for the next three or four months I will be shooting everyday in a variety of habitats - either plants or insects; then spending every night processing and uploading to picture agencies...it gets busy now...

Not that I'm complaining of course; I love being out with nature and who wouldn't want to walk down here -



- to get to work?  This is the path to my local wild flower meadow. At the moment it is full of green-winged orchids, cowslips and soft grasses...later there will be common spotted orchids, marbled white and common blue butterflies. In the immediate vicinity are lanes and hedges alive with bird song and the hum of insects...the place never fails to give delight or provide me with images...




ash flowers and new leaves...





brimstone butterfly nectaring on ground-ivy




bulbous buttercups






common vetch...






dandelion from below...






harlequin ladybird...






holly blue butterfly...





red clover...

Last weekend we went up to Scarborough and York - to visit friends and my parents...Always a pleasure to go back up north...I took only basic gear but still managed to get out and shoot if only for a couple of hours on each day..




fishing boat at sunrise...




red valerian...





ribwort plantain...above and below...









trawler waits to enter harbour...






the wave...





grasses in a wet meadow...

A good couple of hours I think...Now, as the weather gets warmer insects start to become active - I really enjoy photographing insects - they are a challenge, but when successful you can marvel at their diversity in colour and design...here are a few form the last week...




alder fly...





azure damselfly...




cardinal beetle...





hoverfly...





large red damselfly...





scorpion-fly...





small spider with an even smaller ladybird... With the exception of the spider (which is an arachnid) all the other insects have basically the same body plan - six legs, three body parts (head, thorax, abdomen) and wings. Yet the variety of shape is wonderful...I love these little guys so keep an eye out for more images as the summer progresses...

I shall call that a day from this blog...hope you all have a good week...you can see more from me here... or here... or here. and of course you can buy my work from here.

Hope to see you all again next week...

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment